2013 Army Commercial SATCOM Users Workshop
previously scheduled for June 24, 2013 at the Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, MD
Due to constraints on US Army and DOD conference attendance, SIA had cancelled plans for a 2013 Army Satcom Users workshop. We look forward to having you attend next year’s SIA ARMY COMMERCIAL SATCOM USERS’ WORKSHOP. Please check back for more information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satellite Industry Association (SIA) held its 2012 Army Commercial SATCOM Users Workshop, on Monday, August 13, 2012 on the pre-day to AFCEA’s TechNet Land Forces East 2012.
ABOUT SIA’s Army Commercial SATCOM Users’ Workshop
SIA’s Army Commercial SATCOM Users’ Workshop is a one-day workshop that aims to link the Army end-user community with the commercial satellite industry. The workshop will explore issues of central importance to the U.S. Army and the commercial companies which supply critical SATCOM capabilities. DoD and industry leaders will participate in interactive sessions focusing on on-orbit capabilities, requirements for Army SATCOM users, emerging technologies and applications to address shifting on-the-ground requirements, and changing budgetary and bandwidth realities for the U.S. Army.
If you have further questions regarding the workshop and sponsorships, please contact SIA at email@example.com.
2012 Army Commercial SATCOM Users Workshop News & Updates
Why you should attend:
- Provides current information on the commercial SATCOM needs, requirements and concerns of the Army, and services working in partnership with the Army, including information about DoD's near-, mid- and long-term operational capabilities, capacity and protection requirements;
- Outlines the challenges and concerns of U.S. Combat Commands, military services, and DoD and Civil Agencies including: Regional Requirements, Protected Communications, and Disaster Relief;
- Provides the opportunity to meet with key government satellite users for free and open discussion;
- Offers a venue to exhibit latest space and terrestrial technologies and to present commercial solutions to Army and Army related users;
- Increases participants' visibility with the leading defense and civil agencies.
Only registered attends will have access to cleared presentations at the end of the workshop.
The Army Commercial SATCOM Users’ Workshop is an unclassified conference.
- Industry and Government Contractors: Business casual
- Military: Service Uniform of the Day
Directions and Parking:
Registration for the SIA’s Army SATCOM Workshop is separate from registration for AFCEA’s TechNet Land Forces 2012 Conference and Pre-Day Sessions. Click here to register for TechNet Land Forces East 2012.
SIA’s 2012 Army SATCOM Workshop registration fee includes attendance to the full-day of SIA Workshop sessions and luncheon. SIA Workshop attendees and participants who registered before August 6 can obtain an Exhibit-Only badge at the AFCEA TechNet Land Forces – East 2012 registration desk.
ABOUT AFCEA's TechNet Land Forces - East
The overall theme of TechNet Land Forces - Cyber focuses on the ground component of the Army and Marine Corps, including components of U.S. Cyber Command, Army Cyber Command, Marine Corps Forces Cyber Command, U.S. Fleet Cyber Command/U.S. 10th Fleet, 24th Air Force Cyber, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Academia, and Industry Partners. The operational theme, "Cyberspace Operations - Prevent, Shape, and Win" will highlight the operational security focus of DoD and Industry Networks, and Cyber Operations with Joint and Coalition partners, to prevent, shape, and win future cyber conflicts. Government, industry, and academia leaders will address a broad range of topics and focus on the opportunities for Cyber Superiority.